CONTACT: Judi Spann
Gabriel Myers Work Group to Meet Monday
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Gabriel Myers Work Group convened by Department of Children and Families (DCF) Secretary George H. Sheldon will hold its second meeting on Monday, June 8, 2009, in Tampa. Secretary Sheldon established the work group to review the events leading up to the April 16 hanging death of seven-year-old Gabriel Myers.
The details for the meeting are as follows:
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday, June 8, 2009
SunCoast Region Office Auditorium
9393 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
Interested parties outside of the Tampa area may listen to the meeting by conference call.
Call-in number: 888.808.6959; Code: 5585807
Work group members are as follows:
· Jim Sewell, DCF, Former assistant commissioner of the Florida
Department of Law Enforcement
· Bill Janes, DCF, Assistant Secretary for Substance Abuse and Mental Health
· Anne Wells, Pharmacy Director for the Agency for Health Care
· Robin Rosenberg, Attorney and child advocate from Florida’s Children First
· Rajiv Tandon, MD, psychiatrist with the University of Florida
# # #
NOTICE: Florida has a broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials are public records that will be
disclosed to the public and the media upon request. E-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.